Minggu, 28 Maret 2010

Life is a choice

Jerry was a restaurant manager in America. He was always in good spirit and always had something positive to say. If someone asked him about what he was doing, he would always reply, "If I can be better, I'd rather be twins!"

Many ministers in the restaurant out if Jerry changed jobs, so they can still follow him from one restaurant to another restaurant. The reason the waiters followed Jerry was out was because of her attitude.

Jerry was a natural motivator. if employees are having a bad day, he was always there, telling the employee how to look at the positive side of the situation being experienced.

Seeing this style really made me curious, so one day I met Jerry and asked him, "I do not understand! No way a person becomes a positive minded people all the time.

How can you do? "Jerry replied," Every morning I wake up and say to myself, I have two options today. I can choose to have in a good mood or vote in a bad mood. I always vote in a good mood. Every time something happens, I can choose to be a victim or I learned from that. I always choose to learn from it. Each have someone make a complaint, I can choose to receive their complaints, or I can take the positive side .. I always choose the positive side. "


"But it is not always that easy," I protested. "Yes, yes," said Jerry, "Life is a choice. When you remove the whole issue, every situation is a choice. You choose how to react to every situation. You choose how people around you is affected by feeling. You chose to were in good or bad. It is your choice how you live. "

A few years later, I heard the unfortunate Jerry unthinkable happened in the restaurant business: let the back door was not locked in one morning and robbed by three armed men. When trying to open the safe, her hands shaking with nerves and a combination dial. The robbers panicked and shot him. Luckily, Jerry was found quickly and immediately taken to the hospital.

After undergoing surgery for 18 hours and a week of intensive care, Jerry was able to leave the hospital with some parts of the bullet still inside his body. I saw Jerry about six months after the disaster.

When I asked Jerry how he was doing, he replied, "If I can be better, I'd rather be a twin. Want to see where my wounds?" I looked down to see his wounds, but I was also asked what he thought the time of the robbery.

"The first thing that crossed my mind was that I had to lock the back door," Jerry replied. "Then after they shot and I was lying on the floor, I remembered that I had two choices: I could choose to live or die. I chose to live."

"Are you not afraid?" I asked. Jerry continued, "The great medical experts. They kept saying that I would recover. But when they wheeled me to the emergency room and saw the expression on the faces of the doctors and nurses I was so scared.'s Eyes they say 'This man will die'. I know I must take action. "

"What are you doing?" I asked. "There was a fat nurse who asked me," said Jerry. "He asked if I had allergies. 'Yes' I replied ..

The doctors and nurses stopped working and they were waiting for an answer. I took a deep breath and yelled, 'Bullets! " Amid the laughs them I say, 'I choose to live. Help me be operated as a living, not dead '. "

Jerry can live because of the expertise of doctors, but also because of his amazing life. I learned from him that every day you can choose whether you will enjoy your life or hate it.

One thing that really belongs to you who can not be controlled by others is the attitude of your life, so if you can control it and everything else in life will be easier.

0 comments: